Priority Mail Express
Priority Mail Express® provides next-day to 2–day delivery service by 6 PM with a money–back guarantee1. You get competitive prices and fast delivery every day, all year, with limited exceptions, to most U.S. addresses and PO Boxes™3. Priority Mail Express Flat Rate lets you ship packages up to 70 lbs to any state at the same price. Mail from Post Office™ locations or from your home or business with Click-N-Ship® service. Prices start at $26.60.
Features & Pricing
- Fastest delivery times: next day — 2 days with a money-back guarantee1
- Sunday and holiday delivery available in many major markets for an additional fee
- Free Package Pickup4 service at your home or office
- Includes USPS Tracking® and up to $100 of insurance5 with most shipments6
- Price includes proof of delivery signature record (if requested at time of purchase)
Weight, Size, & Shape Requirements
- Maximum weight is 70 lbs.
- Maximum combined length and girth (girth is the distance around the thickest part) is 108″.
- When sealing a Mailing Box or Flat Rate Envelope or a Mailing Box, the container flaps must be able to close within the normal folds.
Additional InformationExpand All
Mailing Restrictions & Prohibitions
There are specific regulations and standards for mailing restricted, prohibited, and hazardous materials, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
Domestically Restricted & Prohibited Items
Learn more about what items you may and may not mail within the U.S.
Shipping to a Military Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO)
You'll pay domestic prices for packages shipped to a Military Post Office (APO/FPO/DPO), but these destinations require a customs forms and have specific restrictions.
Military & Diplomatic Mail
Learn more about how to send mail and packages to loved ones overseas.
Requesting a Refund
If your shipment didn't arrive on the guaranteed delivery date or time (found on your receipt), submit a refund request for failure of service within 30 days of the mailing date.
Find out how to apply and what documents you need to submit for a Priority Mail Express refund.
USPS® understands what's most important to our business customers: speed, affordability, security, and customer service. We help businesses provide these services and resources to your customers at discounted rates.
Priority Mail Express Open & Distribute
Expedite the transportation of your bulk mailings with Priority Mail Express Open & Distribute® (PMEOD). Customers using PMEOD services ship their items in an approved USPS container to an authorized location where USPS opens the container before delivering the contents to their final destinations.
- Prices are commercial rates based on weight and zone to quickly move your mailings at a reasonable cost.
- Mailings include a special barcoded label, so you can easily track your shipments.
USPS Corporate Account
Streamline your payments by charging all of your next-day mail services to one account. And for easy record-keeping, you'll get a monthly report with an itemized list of shipments.
Manage Incoming Mail
Our cost-effective and convenient mail services help you keep up with your incoming mail and manage your outgoing mail, so you can better focus on growing your business.
Priority Mail Express® next-day delivery is available when you need to get shipments to customers in a hurry.
- Use the Service Commitments tool to find out when you can expect your package to arrive and whether we can offer a money-back guarantee.
- Drop-off times vary by Post Office™ location, but it's easy to find convenient locations when you know the ZIP Codes™ you're shipping to.
Priority Mail Express Flat Rate ProductsExpand All
|Free Supplies7||Shipping Price||Dimensions||Great For…|
|Flat Rate Envelope||
$23.50 Commercial Base
$27.10 at Post Office & Online
12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″
Passports & Passport Applications
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||
$23.70 Commercial Base
$27.25 at Post Office & Online
15″ x 9 1/2″
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||
$24.00 Commercial Base
$27.70 at Post Office & Online
12 1/2″ x 9 1/2″
1. Exceptions apply. For details, visit the Domestic Mail Manual. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 1
2. Scheduled delivery date depends on origin, destination, and drop-off time. Some restrictions apply. For additional information, visit the Price Calculator. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 2
3.For mailable items up to 70 lbs. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 3
4.For details on free Package Pickup, visit Schedule a Pickup. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 4
5.Available only for certain products and to certain destinations. Restrictions and exclusions apply. For details, visit 609.4.3 (Non-payable Claims), 609 (Filing Indemnity Claims for Loss or Damage), and 503.4 (Insured Mail) of the Domestic Mail Manual. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 5
6.Priority Mail Express shipments with insurance must have an applicable USPS® shipping label to qualify for the included insurance. For shipments valued at more than $100, additional insurance may be available for purchase. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 6
7.Boxes and envelopes are delivered with your regular mail usually within 7 to 10 business days. Back ^ to legal disclaimer 7